Saturday, February 27, 2010

Yuba Lake






One day I was listening to yet another friend talk about how they were going to go to the beach for a wonderful vacation. I started thinking why in the world does my family have such a boring life and I decided that I wanted to go to the beach too. The one catch was I didn’t have the time or the money to travel to the coast so we had to improvise a little bit. Growing up my family camped at Yuba Lake which is close to were my parents live and only a couple hours from where we lived. So I made my husband take a few days off from work and we packed every inch of our car and headed off to the glorious beach at Yuba Lake. We ended up camping close to the beach but we also had flushing toilets and yes we splurged and camped by showers. We mostly just played in the sand and the water for those few days and my parents even came out for a glorified weenie roast (using brats instead of hot dogs). I was also thrilled that we could get a little more use out of the fishing license that my husband had to have. The bad thing was there were a TON of huge fish that were jumping within feet of where we were standing and fishing but none of them ever gave us the satisfaction of nibbling on our line.

No comments:

Post a Comment