Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bridal Shower -- pictures to come

My baby sister decided to get married in Dec of 2009. I had the honor of trying to dodge the holidays and throw her a Bridal Shower (aka a baby shower to my girls). On the way to the shower I was talking to Kaitlyn. I love hearing her explanation and logic about things. I was teasing her and saying that I just didn’t know what to do with a six year old. I asked her if I could trade her in for two three-year-olds because I knew what to do with them. She told me it was a good thing that she knew what to do with a six-year-old. I could hear the wheels turning in her head so I HAD to ask what to do with a six-year-old. She told me that she was going to count her money, and when she was eight-years-old she was going to buy a house . . . And if she didn’t have enough money then maybe I could help her buy one. I told her how much I would miss her if she moved out at eight. She decided she would wait to move out until she had a bridal shower. Thank goodness she is no longer set on moving out at eight!
With the shower my Mom twisted my arm and said we had to do some games. Well most people don’t like games, including my self, so I tried to make them as embarrassing and entertaining as I could, much to my sister’s dismay. The first game wasn’t bad. I got the idea from one of the cousin’s bridal showers. We used toilet paper and tissue paper to create a wedding dress. Then she had to sit and answer questions about her fiancĂ©e. If she got a question wrong then she had to chew a piece of bubble gum. She had to keep adding a piece of gum for every wrong answer. And when we told her we would show the pictures to Brandon she gave me quite a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment