Saturday, March 27, 2010

Life as we know it

Madison went to the eye doctor this week. It has almost been a whole year since her surgeries! The great news is that she can see 20/40. Now she has a new prescription and we have been out trying to find new glasses. This time I will be smart and find a place that has at LEAST a one year warranty. That way I can get the glasses fixed weekly without buying a whole new pair and just maybe I can start getting her to wear them. The one catch is the glasses that I want have the ear pieces that curve around the ears so they will stay on, but they only make them for two and under. That just seems crazy to me because my three year old could definitely use something like that! And apparently most kids don't have to wear bifocals. When I asked about the cost of bifocals at both of the stores we went to, they looked at me strange and asked me if I was sure that she was to get bifocals. And yes I am sure that is what the doctor ordered. I have such a hard time finding glasses I like for Madison. They all seem to hang two inches off the side of her head. However, the cutest glasses of all were the ones she came home in from the doctor's office. They are just like the adult glasses only miniature. And if I haven't mentioned before . . .Madison really HATES eye drops.
The update on Kaitlyn is there is only 10 weeks left of school. I have no idea how I am going to keep that girl occupied during the summer. She is doing so great in school I hate for it to end. During testing in January her teacher told me that she has already mastered what she should be reading by the end of Kindergarten. Now she has started reading first grade books. I am always amazed at how easy reading has been for her. Every book we have gotten from school she is able to open it for the first time and read it with little difficulty.
I will also have to post some of the things Kaitlyn has written about. She cracks me up with the stories she comes up with. They have been learning about having a beginning, problem and solution for their story. I was trying to get the creative juices flowing so I asked her what she was going to write about. She told me that she was going to write about our truck and the problem was that it didn't have license plates. She is as crazy as her Dad when it comes to loving trucks. I know my child is being brainwashed when I ask her what she wants to do and she says she wants to go test drive trucks (later I found out that the quality daddy-daughter time they were spending together was looking on the internet for a truck). Now that we have one she is bummed that we haven't been driving it. Good news is that it should be licensed and registered this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment