Thursday, January 19, 2012

Christmas






I felt like such a bahumbug this year. Mostly i just wanted to cancel it so i could just ignore it. We did manage to get a tree and decorate it. Curtis saw the tree and asked if that was all the decorations we were putting on it because it looked bare. I did put out a few more decorations around the house and that was as good as it was getting. All my presents this year consisted of me making things. Not a good year to take on that feat. Much to my relief my Mother came to save the day (and the season). She managed to pull off my children's Christmas present while i laid there and moaned and she also kept me in clean dishes. The only problem was the other big project i was making was for her, so i had to take on that task alone. I managed to get it done at 4:30 in the morning the day of our family party. And the last minute throw together calendar page didn't turn out too bad either. After my family party we headed out to Cache Valley to spend the night and have Christmas morning at Grandmas house. That was my compromise to canceling Christmas. If i went somewhere else then i didn't have to come up with food to feed anyone or clean my house. It worked out nicely. I should do that every year :). Sorry to all those we didn't get visited. I meant well but i am sure those few we did see will come to my rescue and tell you how bad my company was. It was no fun calculating which target i wanted to hold out for before i threw up: someone else's bathroom, the grass outside, hopefully not the car (especially since it was a rental) or at home in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment