Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Curtis

I know I am a little behind since his birthday was before Kaitlyn's but we finally were able to celebrate it last night. I bought him tickets to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra and it was amazing! I guess it would be more accurate to say that my Dad bought the tickets for me. I thought it was a nice gesture when I was telling my Mom how hard it was to get to a computer when Curtis wasn't around so I could get him tickets. She offered to have my Dad get them. I told her that they should get some tickets to come with but, now after the fact, I learned she changed the topic. I should have caught that there was something up her sleeve. We got to SLC early so we decided to do some shopping. It took us a few minutes to get back to the Energy Solutions Arena and we were waiting outside when my Dad called to see how we liked the seats. Of course we hadn't made it inside but the meaning behind the phone call was "we are getting kind of nervous that your not here did you trade your tickets in for better seats". As we got to our seats I noticed that my Parents were there to surprise us. I completely played into their hands by letting my Dad get the tickets so that we could sit together.
There was a great light show with lasers, fire, fireworks and snow that glittered with the lasers. Of course the music was amazing, they were amazing singers and they had oh-so-much energy. It is a little strange to see an orchestra and die-hard rock stars with long hair and head banging all meshed into one. I couldn't find a clip of this years performance but to get a taste of what we got to see go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR3CKEC3lbs.
Many, many moons ago I took my, then boyfriend Curtis to a Chris Ledoux concert for his birthday. He loved Chris Ledoux and I am glad we went because it was one of his last performances before he died. After the concert we conveniently stopped for gas and then I fell asleep on the way home. I awoke because we were suddenly doing some off roading. I must of trusted him because I let him hall me up a mountain where candles, music, "bubbly" and a ring was waiting for me. The gas stop was just an excuse to give Curt's friend time to get ahead of us to go light the candles. I was teasing my husband that the last time I took him to a concert we got engaged so I had high expectations for this one. I should have known better because the comment I got in return was "What, you want me to get another wife?!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment